Salary £25k - £28k
Creative agency that specialises in the creation for advertising and marketing are looking for a Senior Graphic Designer to assist the Creative Director in providing creative solutions to client briefs from initial concept through the development process to final approval, whilst providing support, mentoring and inspiration to the junior members of the creative team.
1. Creation of client designs from initial concept through to artwork sign-off and final print check.
2. Brainstorming with other members of creative team.
3. Liaison with Account Management team regarding jobs in your tenure.
4. Customer facing: Representing the creative aspect of the agency by all means of contact, including face-to-face meetings, creative pitches, focus groups and via telephone/email.
5. Mentoring of junior members of the creative team, and providing support, inspiration and industry knowledge.
6. Providing steerage to designs in production by junior members of the creative team in the Creative Director’s absence.
7. Ensuring that all studio output is of the highest standard possible, and maintaining a level of quality control that becomes synonymous with the agency.
8. Keeping up-to-date on the latest design industry trends and innovations, and implementing them into the workflow where possible.
a. Ability to understand each client’s individual needs and requirements – and creatively interpret these into conceptual designs that meet their expectations. This includes fully researching and interpreting a project in order to effectively reach the relevant target market.
b. A firm understanding of the marketplace(s) in which agency operates, and how to best tailor campaigns to utilise both personal and collective experience.
c. Broad knowledge of social marketing, and how social marketing techniques can be used to create campaigns that meet client aspirations and campaign requirements.
d. Creation of design concepts – and ability to present ideas to clients intelligently and succinctly.
e. Ensuring that attention to detail is consistently as high as possible.
f. Ability to conduct focus group meetings and interpret their findings to the team.
g. Be proactive in mentoring the junior members of the creative team.
h. Very good understanding of English language and grammar, including spelling and copywriting.
i. Sign-off of final proofs from printer, prior to project going onto press.
j. In-depth knowledge of all relevant software and hardware required for the studio and ability to adapt at speed to new requirements within the role.
k. Maintaining, through the use of printed publications and online sources, a current and forward-thinking attitude to the industry as a whole.
l. Participating in and leading brainstorming meetings.