We are looking to recruit an Online / Ecommerce Sales & Development Manager for our client, based in East Leicestershire.
The company is an established market leader in the consumer packaged goods industry with an extensive brand portfolio exceeding 2500 unique products. They are an aggressively growing, yet stable, business and are seeking the Ecommerce Development Manager to join their European Ecommerce commercial team.
The Ecommerce Sales & Development Manager is a sales role, focused on new business and account management, targeted on selling product (a whole range of segments from Wild Bird Feeders through to Electric Fencing) into retailers and multi-channel retailers using direct inventory sales, dropship, consignment, listings, direct dispatch etc. The role will involve picking up a number of product segments, making contact, and selling into non-bricks & mortar sellers (typically website retailers), and then building on business with solid account management.
Working across the European Direct-to-Consumer channel (web and non-bricks & mortar), you will be tasked with:
• Delivering growth and sales across ecommerce accounts by developing new business and managing existing ecommerce accounts
• Developing strong customer relationships in order to deliver long term sales growth in line with agreed strategies
• Providing high standards of customer relationship management to drive new and repeat business opportunities
• Developing operational and tactical sales and marketing plans to achieve agreed goals
• Creating and managing an effective network with relevant internal and external resources
You will be commercially astute have a strong sales background (possibly in niche consumer products or the Outdoor and Leisure Sector), both in opening new doors and account management.
You will have:
• Demonstrable experience of developing third party accounts
• A technical understanding of e-commerce, including analytical packages
• Strong relationship building skills across matrix structures both internally and externally
• Evidence of success in influencing and developing effective relationships with large national accounts and online retailers
• Experience of driving improvements in online account profitability
• The ability to create and agree annual joint business plans including promotional planning
The ideal candidate for this Ecommerce Development Manager role will be educated to degree level or equivalent and have 5-7 years experience in sales (ideally online), business development or account management.
This is an office based role, with some travel to client sites and occasional travel to Head Office in US, European & UK partner sites. There is also the chance of flexible working. If you are interested in finding out more about the role of Ecommerce Sales & Development Manager, please apply now!