Here at Creative Lynx, we use a broad range of languages and development techniques. We are hunting for a mid-weight PHP/.Net/Ruby on Rails developer(s) (we love polyglots, so diversity is always appreciated).
What we want:
• Three or more years of experience working with these languages in a commercial environment
• A love for TDD, no matter whether you’re using PHPUnit or RSpec
• Good experience with Expression Engine and Code Igniter, and an understanding as to why they rock
• Strong working knowledge of OO analysis and design
• A solid grasp of the primary software engineering principles
• Experience with command-line tools- you’re more than comfortable with them, you can’t imagine not having one open
• Deep experience with a DVCS and understand why they’re important (bonus points for GIT)
We are keen to see:
• You’re full-stack and have a flair for plunging into semantics
• You’ve worked with SASS & HAML, and know why they’re awesome- what did we ever do before mixins?
• You’ve worked in a lean or agile environment, and understand their benefits over waterfall style development
• You’re a believer in the twelve-factor app methodology and apply this to your work wherever you can
What we offer:
• We’re an agency, but we operate our team as a product shop. This means source control, continuous integration with full TDD, dedicated testers and more- we take our work seriously.
• The chance to work on industry leading projects with lots of autonomy to do things your way, as long as you can back up why it’s awesome. We love innovation and we love to collect awards, so we let you get on doing what you do best to make that happen.
• Choice of setup – Mac or PC, the choice is yours.
If you would like to apply for the role, email your CV, covering letter and links to your work to firstname.lastname@example.org / call for an informal conversation on 0161 200 6931