in a nutshell…
our account managers are responsible for managing client relationships and deliverables across a broad range of disciplines. You will represent your clients interests in the studio and Big Fish® to your clients!
You’ll need to be able to be able to develop plans, take and influence briefs and suggest creative solutions. Inspiring confidence while juggling priorities and pushing projects along will be second nature.
on a daily basis…
you’ll be the first point of contact for your clients and will handle projects from initial brief to final completion. You’ll brief and schedule work in to the studio, manage the review process, confirm specifications with suppliers and keep schedules, budgets, and invoicing up to date. Communication is key and you’ll spend much of your time on the phone and email, making sure that everyone who needs to know, does know.
you will need…
• at least three years experience in a busy studio environment
• a working knowledge of packaging, print and production processes
• experience of brand strategy work in a commercial B2C environment
• to be comfortable taking ultimate responsibility for quality control
• to use your brand understanding to keep the work on brief as well as on schedule
• equally strong literacy, numeracy and administrative skills
• to be a whizz at spreadsheets and have excellent organisational skills
and it would be a real bonus…
• if you had some experience of planning and managing marketing and promotional projects
• if you have worked on some digital projects as well
We always start by asking you – what sort of a salary are you looking for? You tell us what you’re likely to cost and we’ll tell you if our pockets are deep enough.