Denholm’s client is looking for an experienced Events Manager who will be working with national organisations, local authorities and key groups to develop, deliver a high profile programme of activity. The role will work on events over a wide range of areas with the main focus being on cultural events.
The main aim of these events will be to ensure they make a significant financial impact for Scotland through increased visitor numbers and spend. This will involve the following:
• Develop, coordinate and manage a spine of appropriate and agreed events that deliver high profile and high impact events
• Work with appropriate identified partners to develop new, or enhance existing, high profile events concepts and ideas that will deliver significant economic impact, national and international media profile.
• Conduct assessments on the viability of events applications and proposals, reviewing business plans, budgets, marketing and PR strategies in orders to ensure the most appropriate distribution of event funding
• Monitor worldwide development in events, sport and cultural industries
• Develop and manage event bidding process from engaging consultants to conduct a feasibility study, to strategy development and formal presentation
• Manage event enquiries through conducting an initial assessment on the events suitability to meet criteria
• Manage, chair or be part of event local Organising Committees and Steering Groups to provide strategic and operational advice to event organisers on a range of issues, also manage relevant sub groups to offer specific advice on areas of expertise.
The successful candidate will have experience of working with major events either on a freelance basis or with major organisers. This must be at a strategic level and not just in delivery, with the right candidate being able to draw on experience in the development of events on a major scale that also prove to commercially successful. The role will involve a large amount of stakeholder management, both internal and external, with your experience making you comfortable operating at a senior level within the organisation and with local authorities and Scottish government. An excellent opportunity to be make a major impact over the next 2-3 years.