Print Packaging Process Manager.
Our client is a globally established organisation who currently require an experienced and confident Packaging Process Manager join and manager their artwork department.
The key purpose of this role within our clients’ extensive artwork department is to provide strong management skills in the efficient and cost effective packaging production department.
Working with internal account managers, proof readers and artworkers the Packaging Process Manager will ensure that industry and company standard approaches to packaging technology are maintained.
You will also be responsible for an extensive insight in to technical expertise on packaging technology and production on technology issues for departments which have no resource of their own, or departments which require specialist assistance on technical issues, or 3rd party manufacturers or component suppliers.
Your skill set should include professional expertise in the following:
• Generation of component master templates
• Troubleshooting packaging problems
• Management of overprint details
• Choice of materials
• Storage and transport conditions and methods
• Coding systems - EAN, pharmacodes etc
• Anti - counterfeiting
• Appropriate training and education for pack technologists
Day to day responsibilities will include:
• Ensuring that packaging technology aspects of artwork production are accurate and maintained to the appropriate quality standards
• Project management of multiple pack changes or creations on different time-scales, with various priorities and levels of complexity.
• Ensuring that packaging specifications are maintained to the company quality standards
• Ensuring that component suppliers have the appropriate level of technical expertise, advice and information available to them to supply components to the required quality standards.
• Advises markets and sites on appropriate and effective designs for pack construction.
Overall long term key accountabilities/responsibilities will include:
• Participation in the new pack design process with commercial colleagues and external agencies.
• Ensuring data integrity and accuracy of technical data under control of job-holder.
• Ensuring that technical data and information used by the client is compliant with regulatory requirements and in a state of audit readiness.
• Identification and management of the implementation of opportunities for pack range optimisationSkills, Knowledge & Qualifications.
• 1st Degree qualification in a technical / science subjec
t• At least 3 years experience in packaging technology / engineering
• Knowledge of packaging and print processes and associated logistics processes
• Knowledge of artwork creation and technical drawing processes
• Understanding of financial and quality implications of choices of packaging materials
• Understanding of manufacturing processes and systems
• Professional qualification in packaging technology or pack engineering
• Experience of packaging technology in a pharmaceutical company
• Experience of reproduction and printing processes and standards
Great remuneration on offer to attract the best candidates. So if you're looking for Print jobs North East, this could be your ideal opportunity. Click apply to find out more.Due to the high volume of candidates responding to our adverts we are not always able to provide feedback on your application. If you hear nothing from us in 5 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Your details will be kept on file and you may be contacted about other opportunities.