Digital Delivery Manager
- £35000 - £35000 Annual
- Category: Commercial Production, Copywriting, Creative, Design, Media Planning/Buying, Media/Editorial/Content Management |
- Contract: Permanent |
- Posted: 6 August 2018 |
- Reference: 491381222
JOB TITLE: Digital Delivery Manager
LOCATION: Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
SALARY & BENEFITS: Attractive salary depending on experience
WORKING HOURS: Monday - Friday 09:00 - 17:30
THE COMPANY: Johnston Press are a leading media company within the UK with brands including The I, The Scotsman, Yorkshire Post, Sheffield Star, and Portsmouth News. Our digital audience is nationwide and we reach over 24m users a month across mobile, desktop and tablet.
THE ROLE: The Digital Delivery Manager is a key role in ensuring the delivery of the Digital portfolio as well as being responsible for key activities related to GDPR and SEO related management tasks, and other areas of Digital as required.
- Managing delivery across multi-discipline teams for the Digital pipeline, including:
- Assisting with the creation and maintenance of project plans, and working with relevant teams/stakeholders to ensure they always reflect the current status.
- Overseeing the day to day deliverables for the pipeline.
- Ensuring the Digital delivery process is followed.
- Building and maintaining relationships with the project teams, including stakeholders and interested parties.
- Managing project expectations and communication channels.
- Coordination between Digital devops and IT Core / Agile teams:
- Communication and coordination of deployment related activities.
- Ensuring the support teams have relevant and timely information to implement support processes.
- Managing the IT Agile sprint backlog, working with the Agile SCRUM Master.
- Supporting troubleshooting activities on both development and production environments.
- Operational delivery of SEO plans and Webmaster Tool account management:
- Implement and monitor to ensure best practice across the digital portfolio, performing regular account reviews and taking corrective action where necessary.
- Work closely with internal / external advisers and colleagues to ensure SEO related tasks are captured, prioritised and completed.
- Management of the group's App stores, including Apple, Google and Amazon accounts.
- Monitoring and ensuring any issues reported with Apps are captured and dealt with efficiently and effectively.
- Working with 3rd party suppliers to maintain apps and developer accounts.
- Responsible for the managing maintenance and enhancements of the Digital portfolio in relation to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). This will involve working closely with the group's Data Protection Officer, and other relevant individuals and teams to ensure that all Digital assets are fully compliant as GDPR evolves beyond inception.
- Operational management of 3rd party Digital suppliers as required.
- Work closely with all relevant Digital and wider JP teams in support of core business objectives.
- Provide regular updates and reports on the above to the senior Digital and IT teams.
THE CANDIDATE: The Digital Delivery Manager will have an excellent understanding of how digital works, ideally within a publishing environment. You will be in close contact with our IT developers and 3rd parties, so your communication skills should be to a high and professional standard.
Competencies required for the Digital Delivery Manager role:
- Understanding of how 'Digital' works in a publishing environment.
- A good understanding of GDPR and SEO practices/webmaster tools.
- Exposure to project management methodologies and practices, this would suit someone with junior-mid level project management experience.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Good analytical and reporting skills.
- Ability to keep calm under pressure and manage multiple tasks in parallel.
Experience / Qualifications
- GCSE A-C grade, or equivalent, in English and Maths.
- Experienced in a project management and/or Digital operations environment desirable but not mandatory.
If you have the relevant experience and skills for this position then please hit "the apply" button now
You will then be sent an online questionnaire to support your CV and application, please fill in the details and we will be in touch to advise you of the next steps.