- £45000 - £45000 Annual
- Category: Commercial Production, Copywriting, Creative, Design, Media Planning/Buying, Media/Editorial/Content Management |
- Contract: Permanent |
- Posted: 16 May 2018 |
- Reference: 418397611
JOB TITLE: SEO Editor
SALARY & BENEFITS: depending on skills and experience
WORKING HOURS: Full time, permanent
THE COMPANY: The I newspaper is owned and published by Johnston Press which also publishes the Yorkshire Post and The Scotsman.
THE ROLE: iNews is looking for an SEO Editor to join its fast-growing team. The ideal candidate will be someone with a real passion for digital news and the i brand. You'll be a pivotal figure in the newsroom - an evangelist for audience engagement who can walk the floor and get colleagues excited about your vision.
Key responsibilities of the SEO Editor, London:
- Work with the i newspaper and iNews teams to ensure all staff adhere to SEO best practice
- Take part in daily editorial meetings, alert staff to high-traffic opportunities
- Be a sentinel for well-optimised headlines and sells, editing and feeding back to writers constantly
- Optimise evergreen content
- Train colleagues
- Monitor SEO performance and share data and knowledge with the team
- Assist with forward planning around major events
- Manage tagging across the site
- Come up with ideas for editorial initiatives that help iNews reach a wider audience
- Write news stories where required
- Keep track of the latest developments in SEO
THE CANDIDATE: The ideal candidate for the SEO Editorposition will be well versed in optimising content for SEO in an editorial context and you'll be comfortable using a range of analytics and keyword research tools.
Key Experience/ Characteristics required for the SEO Editor position based in London
- Experience with on page SEO
- Experience using a range of analytics and keyword research tools
- Editorial background, ideally in news
Does this sound like you? Are If yes then please hit the apply now button.
You will then be sent to an online questionnaire to support your CV and application, please fill in the details and we will be in touch to advise you of the next steps