Senior Web Designer - UX/UI
West Midlands, UK
- 30000 - 35000 per annum + training, free lunches,
- Category: Creative, Design, Digital |
- Contract: Permanent |
- Posted: 15 February 2018 |
- Closing: 15 March 2018
- Reference: BSMLM7619
Are you a talented and experienced Senior Web Designer? Looking to join a fun, engaging company that invest heavily in to their staff with great benefits? If you love the idea of working on one brand, alongside a team of talented digital gurus and marketers, then this could be the move for you!
Our client, an on-line retailer of personalised gifts, this company is hugely passionate about the product they produce and the website within which they sell it. Based in a great office in a busy market town in the West Midlands, you will be part of a team of designers, developers and marketers and it will be your job to apply a user-centred design approach to the website and ensure that both customer and business needs are met.
You will be a passionate Web Designer, creating forward thinking and creative designs. You need to have a strong understanding of user experience and user interface to design across both website and mobile.
Key features of the role include:
* Creating high-quality, pixel-perfect designs using Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator or Sketch, ensuring a mobile-first approach is adopted.
* Design concepts for new pages and journeys
* Lots of A/B testing to optimise website performance through UX. There are lots of tools at your disposal to help understand the data to support UX.
* Using wireframing tools to form the basis of designs and prioritise page content
* Present final designs to key stakeholders within the business
This role is perfect for a Designer who perhaps has come from a background spanning both print and digital, but is now looking to specialise within web and hone their skills within UX and UI.
* Strong portfolio demonstrating creative flair and clean, elegant designs across digital, with a passion for user-centred design
* Evident understanding of responsive design and mobile-first methodology
* Knowledge of wireframing and interface design tools (Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch) and good understanding of A/B testing
* Ideally experience working within an e-commerce environment
With some great perks such as early Friday finishes, free lunches and personal development allowances, this Web Designer role is a great opportunity if you’re looking to progress and develop. Easily commutable from Birmingham, Worcester, Warwickshire and Coventry. If you feel you have the right skill set and work ethic, then please send your CV and portfolio through to me as soon as you can.
Senior Web Designer – Retail Brand – West Midlands - 30,000 - 35,000 - Permanent