Associate Creative Director/Creative Director, Global Communications Agency, London, Great Bens
- £ Competitive
- Category: Account Management/CRM, Brand Management, Creative, Design, Public Relations/Communications |
- Contract: Permanent |
- Posted: 12 February 2018 |
- Closing: 12 March 2018
Portland is a fully integrated communications consultancy trusted by some of the highest profile organizations, governments and individuals in the world with global offices in Washington DC, New York, Singapore, Doha and Nairobi, as well as in London.
We are pioneers in integrated communications campaigns help clients manage their reputation, improve their visibility and media coverage – and deliver global communications campaigns across multiple platforms.
Our teams of experienced and multilingual consultants invest time to understand clients from the inside out, work with them to set clear strategic direction, and then bring the whole of Portland’s abilities to bear to deliver their objectives.
At Portland we never rest on our laurels; we constantly strive to improve our work and be at the forefront of the industry.
We have an opening for a Associate Creative Director/Creative Director to work within SPARC – Portland’s Strategy, Planning, Analytics, Research and Creative unit. The role will have a scope and creative license to champion and oversee creativity across the agency through the development of innovative tools, processes and platforms that enhance our creative work, help differentiate us in the market and develop impactful solutions for our clients’ challenges.
You’ll be a highly conceptual problem solver, an articulate presenter of ideas, a builder of strong client relationships, and a storyteller who will help us convey our clients’ messaging in new and creative ways.
You will build creative teams and design processes to unlock big ideas that engage UK and global audiences via traditional media relations, public affairs and social media.
This individual will oversee multiple projects through execution, contribute to the development of digital and communications strategies, drive collaboration between our account teams and strategy planning function and inspire teammates at all levels to exceed expectations. You’ll also come with with a deep background in traditional Public Relations.
The role will also provide the best in service and relationship management to our clients.
You’ll be someone who enjoys mentoring and developing junior team members, leading by example, with a keen eye for organisation and detail. You’ll keep your teams motivated and focused on the task at hand – but you’ll still love getting your hands dirty and creating the work alongside them.
Reporting to Partner responsible for SPARC you’ll participate as a member of Portland’s Senior Leadership Group.
Providing a quality service
- Be able to analyse clients’ challenges and develop strategies to solve them;
- Be excited and experienced in leading creative ideation on a client brief;
- Be capable of winning the respect and trust of agency staff and clients;
- Have excellent presentation skills with the ability to communicate a concept or idea;
- Have the ability to communicate confidently with Portland staff, senior clients and other stakeholders.
- Be a self-starter with a positive, can do attitude;
- Have an acute eye for detail;
- Be level headed, dependable and calm under pressure;
- Have the ability to work quickly and accurately;
- Have a professional attitude to work with excellent communication skills and telephone manner;
- Be flexible, adaptable and diplomatic;
- Be Mac or PC literate.
Team working and projects
- Demonstrate strong leadership ability;
- Be able to work with and communicate effectively with others across the agency;
- Be a leader who can work collaboratively with our account teams and in-agency creative production studio Content & Brand, to manage teams effectively and drive creativity across the agency;
- A team player with the ability to work under own initiative.
Essential skills and experience
- 7-10 years of related professional experience and working directly with clients.
- A real understanding of what makes for compelling work – whether on social platforms, in video, or ideas that get talked about, reported on, and have impact.
- Demonstrable commercial acumen.
- The ability to write across a broad range of media, in a variety of tones and voices.
- A love for words, but an eye for art and design.
- Experience with social media platforms and a working knowledge of their best practices.
- An interest in staying on top of emerging platforms, mobile design, & development trends.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is unfortunately not possible to respond directly to all applicants, only to those whose candidacy is being pursued. In addition, the length of the recruitment process varies based on the vacancy needs. Traditionally, the process takes approximately 2-4 weeks. Therefore, your patience is greatly appreciated.