Back-End Web Developer
- Category: Digital, E-Commerce, Mobile/App, Project Management, Public Relations/Communications, Social Media, User Experience, Web Development/Technical, Web Trafficking |
- Contract: Permanent |
- Posted: 9 February 2018 |
- Reference: 352832667
Welcome to the Jacob Bailey Group - an independent, international and award winning Creative Business Services Agency with offices in London, Suffolk, Nottingham and New York. We're all about connecting relevance through Data, Technology and Creativity, improving our clients' positioning and profits, while also creating Brilliant Experiences.
Reporting to our Technical Lead, this role will see you work on stimulating and varied projects including ecommerce, marketing websites and mobile applications, across a range of clients and sectors. As a talented and enthusiastic Back End Web Developer, you'll be interested in progressing your development knowledge and the overall skills and knowledge of the team. Essential skills are excellent knowledge of PHP/MySQL and MVC frameworks (Laravel in particular), working with MySQL databases, app development (either native or via ReactJS), using version control (Git), working with task running and package management services (Gulp/Composer) and utilising Vagrant or Docker for local development.
- Work with the Technical Studio team to development back end solutions using modern development techniques, frameworks and languages.
- Be inspired by, and help inspire the talent around you with fresh thinking and new ideas
- Be prepared to engage in the skills with the wider team
- Seek regular feedback and communicate regularly with the Technical Studio and digital project manager.
- Present release previews to the relevant stakeholders
- Use the appropriate technology to the deliver the required functionality
- Working to tasks within a task management system for each release
- Write code to the standard as set out by the Senior Developers - which adheres to best practices and the coding standards adopted in the wider Technical Studio team
- Commit code to version control, using the approach adopted by the Technical Studio
- Test your work and the work done by others.
- Write concise release notes that can be shared with the Company for new SaaS features.
- Work effectively and efficiently at all times to deliver releases on time
- Understand what's required of you, and the time allocated to do it.
- Working standard UK office hours - 8:45am to 5:30pm.
We look forward to receiving your application, thank you.