Designer at not for profit digital agency
- England: West Midlands
- Competitive salary
- Category: Design |
- Contract: Permanent |
- Posted: 14 July 2017 |
- Closing: 28 July 2017
WANTED: Creative individual to join our co-operative crack-team of injustice, inequality and poverty fighters, changing the world with international partners like Oxfam and Save the Children.
- Motivated to make the world a better place?
- Excited by new technology?
- Eager to keep on learning?
- A great communicator?
- Able to see through solid objects?*
Were a not-for-profit co-op filled with digital designers, developers and campaigners, wielding our skills for big names like Lumos, Macmillan, Oxfam, Save the Children and The Syria Campaign.
If you are looking for a chance to use your considerable skill in creating ultra-clean, typographically-beautiful user interfaces for websites and web apps to make the world a better place, wed love to hear from you. With your strengths and your eye for pixel precision, we will look to you to create great results. Were looking for a proactive self-starter; a problem solver who is able to resolve issues as they arrive, but also knows when to raise a hand for help; and someone who is able to see through complex problems to elegant solutions.
- A varied portfolio of work with a proven track record in designing brilliant user interfaces
- An eagerness to work closely with front-end and back-end developers
- A love of great typography
- A good knowledge and understanding of Information Architecture principles
- The ability to weave consistent design languages within multifaceted projects
- A strong mobile-first approach to design
- UX and/or animation experience is a bonus
- Team work environments
- Attention to detail
- Online typography
- Responsive design
- Pushing the boundaries of creativity, both personally and within a team
- Changing the world
- Competitive pay
- The opportunity to work with our world-leading charities to change the world
- Flexible paid leave
- A workplace that is both fun and supportive
- Great hardware
- Optional membership of the Developer Society co-op, giving you democratic input into the running of our organisation, including electing representatives and voting rights. This is something that sets us apart.
To apply send your cover letter and CV to us to get started, oh, and some amazing examples of your recent digital work. Some live device-friendly examples of sites youve been responsible for designing is a must.
If what you send us meets with our approval, well quickly arrange a meeting with you to chat about our opportunities.
P.S. We have no involvement with emailing or cold calling agencies, so if youre one, please dont get in touch. If we change our minds one day, well let you know.
* Not a hard requirement