Head of Digital
- England: London
- £50,000 - £55,000 per annum
- Category: Digital |
- Contract: Permanent |
- Posted: 8 June 2017 |
- Closing: 20 June 2017
Strategic digital leadership
- Implement and develop the existing digital strategy and infrastructure to support Breast Cancer Care’s strategy.
- Work with the Director of Services and Engagement to provide input to Breast Cancer Care’s overall strategic vision and plans.
- Enable Breast Cancer Care to optimise performance, influence and impact by identifying and embedding new ways of working digitally.
- Responsible for all the digital channels owned by Breast Cancer Care, including websites, e-commerce platform, social media channels, digital marketing, our discussion forum platform (Lithium) and our BECCA app.
- Oversee a complex programme of digital projects across a range of channels working with internal and external clients.
- Ensure the digital strategy is informed and influenced by the views and experiences of people affected by breast cancer, particularly those from black and minority ethnic groups, older people, socially and economically deprived communities and others who can be marginalised by health services.
- Champion and lead the further development of the digital hub and spoke model, ensuring a programme of phased change across the organisation.
- Continue to move Breast Cancer Care towards an agile “digital first” mentality in line with online audience behaviour and lead on changing ways of working to increase Breast Cancer Care’s competitive advantage.
- Act as external spokesperson, building our reputation in the digital industry.
- Keep abreast of external trends and innovations and what they mean for Breast Cancer Care and ensure we respond effectively.
- Build relationships with decision makers and champion effective collaboration across and within teams.
- Responsible for reviewing and embedding our digital principles and our overall digital governance.
- Manage the digital finance, budgets, plans and risk governance.
Optimise digital channels and improve digital ROI
- Collaboratively determine targets/KPIs on key areas of digital success for the team and the organisation.
- Ensure targets owned by the digital hub are met and help deliver digital targets owned elsewhere.
- Work with Heads of Fundraising to further drive online revenue growth and improve the financial supporter journey.
- Work with the Assistant Director of Communications and Marketing, Head of Volunteering and Engagement and the Head of Policy and Campaigns to drive online response rates and supporter engagement.
- Ensure web data analysis and management is working optimally.
- Work with all other relevant teams to improve performance and meet their targets through maximising the effectiveness of digital channels and media.
- Ensure investment in digital infrastructure or agencies is strategic and offers maximum value for money.
- Work with the Fundraising teams and agencies to support digital marketing, maximise digital revenue and ensure high levels of supporter engagement and retention.
- Work with the Brand and Press teams to ensure best use of digital channels to improve brand awareness and inclination to support.
Staff and team management
- Provide staff leadership, line management and supervision of direct reports.
- Set clear and SMART objectives with staff in line with the three-year and one-year plans.
- Ensure the team own and disseminate best practice in all digital activities through collaboration, training and leadership, working with the departmental ‘spokes’.
- Manage, develop and lead the Digital team to deliver high quality and creative outputs that meet the needs of our audiences.
- Monitor performance of direct reports and carry out appraisals in line with Breast Cancer Care’s policy.
- Take responsibility for writing, managing and monitoring the Digital team’s plans and budget, and provide reports as required.
- A passion for Breast Cancer Care’s vision and mission.
- A team player who is collaborative.
- A commitment to and understanding of issues relating to equality of opportunity and the ability to implement change in this area.
- Ability to show tact and discretion when dealing with sensitive and confidential information.
- A willingness to work variable hours, with occasional weekend and evening work and to travel within the UK (you will receive expenses and time off in lieu for this).
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills.
- In-depth knowledge of digital industry, digital marketing and e-commerce.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and behaviours, including relationship building internally and externally.
- Ability to think strategically, deal with complexity, take difficult decisions and model new ways of working.
- A can-do and a solution focussed attitude.
- An outcome focussed user led approach to working.
- A collaborative worker.
- Clear and succinct written skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Accessibility and usability knowledge.
- Ability to think strategically, with strong analytical, judgement and decision-making skills.
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills to a wide range of audiences.
- Proven experience of successfully leading effective digital teams.
- Proven experience of delivering complex and significant digital projects on time and within budget.
- Proven experience of successfully creating and delivering digital engagement and marketing strategies.
- Extensive experience of managing multi-functional digital teams.
- Proven experience of developing/delivering successful income e-commerce and digital strategies.
- Experience of e-campaigning.
- Project management skills, including an ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Experience of working with a range of organisational disciplines including media, communications, fundraising and services.
- Experience of content strategy development and editorial management.
- Experience of supervising and/or managing staff, including setting SMART objectives and appraising work.
- Experience of preparing annual business plans within the context of an organisational strategic plan.