With Apple releasing its third generation iPad, what seems certain is that tablets are becoming a mass market device and their proliferation continues to grow at an incredible rate.
What is less certain is just how these devices are affecting the media landscape; what will be the long term consequences on consumers’ media consumption and how will the technology benefit and threat traditional media consumption?
Key findings of the report are:
- Content consumption increases with tablet ownership – 46% of tablet owners state they go online more since owning a tablet
- Tablets cannibalise and complement other media
- Tablets increase news promiscuity
- 79% of tablet owners use their device at home
- The web isn’t dead; 62% of tablet owners do not prefer to use apps over the web browser for using the internet via their tablets
- The tablet pound will be worth more than the mobile pound, with 60% of tablet owners having spent more than £100 online in the past three months
The report also provides advice for brands looking to take advantage of tablet in their communications strategies. Subscribers to The Drum can download a copy of the report for free.