The Word Department / copywriter
I help companies to sound more human through the writing they use.
I work with branding, design and digital agencies from all over the UK, and also directly with clients. They hire me to do everything from coming up with brand names to developing a more effective tone or simplifying existing copy.
What I write.
I write for websites, apps, scripts, packaging, brochures, leaflets, emails, posters, mailers or little stickers on the sides of elephants. Whatever needs to be written, I can make it work hard – and always with a tone of voice that suits.
You can read about the results in detail on my site. But as an overview, I've helped companies as diverse as banks, distilleries, mathematicians, broadband providers and the NHS to get more responses, reach more people, make more money and generally appear more desirable.*
* Don’t cancel the botox, I’m talking about your brand. Sorry.
So if you want words that work, get in touch and check my availability. There are plenty of ways** to do so:
you can email me
you can contact me on LinkedIn
you can contact me on Twitter
you can find me on Google Plus
you can phone 07971 618 033
and you can visit my website.
** If I were you, I'd start with my website. It's very informative.
You can see some of my work on my site.
- Video scripts for a business app.
- New tone of voice for a global cloud computing company.
- Mailer campaign (yep, old-school paper through the letterbox stuff) for the NHS. It exceeded their target response rate though. DM's not dead.
You can see some full client case studies on my site.
Several, and they’ve suffered varying fates:
- Lost by the art director in the back of a taxi (you know who you are)
- Sitting in an agency cabinet somewhere
- Sitting in a client's cabinet somewhere
- Sitting in a police evidence bag somewhere (those things are lethal).