London advertising agency The Corner has launched a new animated Christmas campaign for Toys R Us, the agency’s first project for the retailer since winning the pitch earlier in the year.
The Corner captured the anticipation of Christmas by producing a Pixar-esque, festive and story-led concept. In a Christmas twist, viewers don’t follow the usual point of view of a family arriving at Toys R Us via car but rather Santa arriving on his sleigh, where Geoffrey the Giraffe saves the day in the most unexpected way.
Viewers can still expect the traditional hallmarks associated with Toys R Us advertising, such as the iconic sing-along 'Magical Place'.
• Agency Creative Director: Tom Ewart
• Copywriter: Matt Lancod & Rob Amstell
• Art Director: Matt Lancod & Rob Amstell
• Planning Director: Neil Hourston
• Business Director: Daisy Corbett
• Agency Producer: Megan Sutton
• Media Company: Mountain equipment co-op
• Production Company: AKAMA
• Audio post-production: Music composition - Wake the Town; Sound mix - 750